Posted by: SDGs Kenya Forum
Date: Sep 10th, 2020
About the role:
An exciting opportunity for a Communications and M&E Lead. This role will support the SDGs Kenya Forum in documenting – using written and audiovisual materials – the results, outcomes and impact of the Forum’s projects and activities. The postholder will also provide recommendations on how data and information should be captured, as well as manage the access and exchange of information and knowledge using ICT, print, social media, and visual media. The role will be 80% assigned to the 'Strengthening the SDGs Kenya Forum as an accountability platform for gender and development' project, and 20% to other SDGs Kenya Forum program work and research.
About SDGs Kenya Forum:
The SDGs Kenya Forum is a platform in Kenya that has been promoting civil society organization (CSO) engagement with the Kenyan government in all aspects of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) since 2015 when the Forum was launched. The Forum uses a threefold approach:
- Helping CSOs engage with national and county governments on policies and legislation to strengthen commitment, financing, planning, and implementation of the SDGs
- Empowering grassroots citizens to hold the government to account through ‘leave no one behind’ dialogues
- Building partnerships with the government, international agencies, the private sector, media, and academics for the implementation of the SDGs.
Development Initiatives hosts the SDGs Kenya Forum Secretariat and is a strategic partner in the implementation of the ‘Strengthening the SDGs Kenya Forum as an Accountability Platform for Gender and Development’ project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Developing and implementing a Communication Strategy for the Forum that enables higher visibility and strategic positioning in the development sector.
- Developing and implementing a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework that will enable the Forum to measure results and the impact of its work.
- Actively supporting program development, business pursuit, and knowledge management initiatives.
- Capacity-building of staff, volunteers, and partners in communications, reporting, and program M&E.
- Contributing to growing the Forum’s communications channels and body of evidence demonstrating quality programming.
You will have:
- A minimum of four years’ experience (and evidence of increasing responsibility during that time) working in Communications, Reporting, and M&E for donor-funded development programs e.g. DFID, USAID, EU and/or Foundations e.g. Bill & Melinda Gates, Mastercard, Ford Foundation; Open Society.
- Experience of developing performance indicators, conducting routine monitoring of data for donor-funded projects, and conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing reports, findings, and recommendations in assessment or evaluations, especially under institutional donor contracts.
- Experience in the development of knowledge management and communication strategies.
Please read the full terms of reference and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to HRAfrica@devinit.org with the subject header 'Communications and M&E Lead'.
Download file →